It reminds us of a less complicated version of life,
A time when we wore heels to play dress up,
We were put to bed before dusk,
And we truly believed our parents – and their parents – were invincible.
A time when we took the greatest pleasure in the smallest things,
Like licking the spoon after we spread the sauce.
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1/2 cup chopped onion (you can used dried if in a hurry)
1 cup sour cream (you can use lite, but not fat-free)
1 8 oz. pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese – Remove from package and soften in microwave
1 cup cottage cheese (lite if you want, but no fat-free)
8 oz. to12 oz. wide noodles
16 oz. tomato sauce
Freshly shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Grease 3 qt. or 13×9 casserole dish.
2. Cook noodles according to directions. (It’s usually a shorter time if using in a casserole – I think it’s 5 minutes for the noodles I use).
3. Mix together softened cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese, stirring well.
4. Brown beef (and onions if fresh) in oil till fully cooked – then drain.
5. Add tomato sauce to beef.
6. To assemble casserole….
· Layer 1/2 cooked noodles on bottom of casserole
· Spread cheese mixture on top of noodles
· Add rest of noodles on top of cheese mixture
· Spread meat and tomato sauce mixture evenly on top
7. Bake uncovered at 375 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan last 10 minutes if desired.